TV series and movies won't play

No ther seasons/episodes ran

You actually tried all 14 episodes in season 1?

open console CMD+0 and try Watch now and then if there is an error share it here

I have deleted and downloaded again the app from https://popcorntime.app/ several times w/o success.
I could not find any of the items you listed and which I should delete. I went into the system but could not find any…
I am desperate :frowning:
Any other idea?

You’re not looking in the right place: It’s not System Library - it’s User Library?

Open a spotlight search and enter ~/library

your help is much appreciated… if you couldn’t understand, I was referring to “Watch Now” button, hope you catch it this time,

Moving on, the issue is random, today the app was working as normal

OK! no problem. Just checking, as there’s another Popcorntime (not ours!) that has a “Play” button?

0.4.4 is a bit buggy (don’t use it myself at the moment) … some “odd” issues might be helped by a clean reboot (deleting the support folders) or even a clean reinstallation?

But as it’s settled down … I’ll leave it there for now!

So that works --thank you–, I was able to delete all supporting files and download again the app (version 4.0) but… it does not work either.
Whether an episode shows red or greenm when I click on it, nothing happens. :pleading_face: :tired_face:

Do the delete Popcorntime (support) folders/file again … and reboot your latest download. What is the first screen Popcorntime shows when it starts?

The T&Cs to accept

Still the same then? Your latest 0.4.4 not connecting if you try to play any movie or tv show?

Did 0.3.10 used to work before the old API domain issue broke things?

Yes, same… the older version worked fine and I thought of going back to it but cannot find it to download. Could you share? Thanks again for the support :pray:

I can PM you a 24hr link to a copy (Mac 0.3.10 build #293 patched) if you want?

Make it a clean install (delete those “support” Popcorn-Time files/folder - one last time!) .

… and we’ll see?

yes please! many thanks merseyV, I appreciate the support

Yesterday, I switched off my mac and when I open Popcorn time today, I got this message (sorry it is in French but it asks whether I accept in bound connections from “nwjs Helper.app” I have no idea what it is nor what to do, but it’s not the first time I get the message with PCT
Capture d’écran 2020-04-24 à 21.41.17

Haven’t seen that for a while … probably way back to 0.3.8-5 (it used to pop-up every time I opened Popcorntime.io .
I assumed it was something to do with Gatekeeper “permissions”. I used to click accept and never paid it no mind!

Anyway it always opens when PT does: You wouldn’t normally notice unless you were using “Activity Monitor” for some reason?

Pardon me, but I think what some people don’t understand is that with these Streaming Apps not every single Movie, TV Series or Episode is going to play. There could be many reasons: Perhaps the Video you are trying to play isn’t actually available.

Popcorn Time Streams its Videos from a few actual real Torrent Sites. In fact, Popcorn Time is Torrenting, thats why you need a VPN.

On these Torrent Sites there can be a lot of Bad Links. I mean that they just don’t work. Perhaps the Uploader did something wrong creating the Torrent and messed up the Files. Perhaps its just a dead Link. Also, you also have to understand that with Torrents, especially Video Torrents, the Availability of the Media, Stream Quality and Download Speed all comes down to how many Seeders (Watchers/Downloaders) are engaged with the same Object as you are, at the exact same time as you are.

On Popcorn Time, we are all Sharing these Videos, literally. What I mean is while we are Watching a Video, it is Downloading on our Device, and we are actually helping others Watch that very same Video, because they might be Streaming/Downloading Parts of the Video that we have already Watched/Downloaded, directly from our Device. And other people are helping us simultaneously. We literally are all in this together. :wink:

Unfortunately, that means the Availability of everything that we watch on Popcorn Time basically comes down to the Popularity of that exact same Video. I’m not just talking about the Popularity of the Movie or TV Series in Question, but also the exact same Format of the Video. You might be trying to watch a new and popular Movie, like Avengers Endgame, in 1080P HD, and there is only a couple Seeders, so your Stream starts Buffering and stopping and then it starts again just to eventually lock completely up on you because everyone else gave up on watching it because they were experiencing the same problems as you.

But say then that exact same Movie, just in in a slightly lesser quality, the 720P HD, has a butt load of more people watching it because their Device can’t handle the higher HD, and so they all have a great Streaming experience. You see?? It all comes down to how Popular it is at the exact same time you are trying to watch it.

It also means that, as much as I’d like to, I can’t select some old Cartoon from like the 90’s, like the X-Men Animated Series, and fully expect it to work, because my Personal Taste on that isn’t as Mainstream as I’d like to think it is, lol. ^o^

I hope some people see this and realize, theres not really much our Good Friendos who work on this project can really do about any of our poor Streaming Experiences with any particular Video at all. It all comes down to us, the Viewers, as a whole Group. They don’t and cannot control that. I mean, what are they gonna do?? Bust into peoples houses and take whole Families Hostage at Gunpoint and force them to watch Various Videos to increase the Seed Ratio across the whole platform?? I really do think they have the Manpower for an endeavor like that, lol. XD

3 Likes

If you’re thinking of jingotwat (the OP) … I doubt if he was using our version?

Mandrax … wasn’t complaining about episodes (his issue was with 0.4.4)

Rafawah was referring to a “stuck” Watch Now button on 0.4.4 (which looks like a bug?)

Your post is well made - just in the wrong place. I’d create your own thread (it would make more sense and be more visible). You’re kind of buried here!

Get your message to the top!

1 Like

Oh my!! :open_mouth: I meant to Post where I was reading a bunch of people complaining about Video Quality and what not. I dunno how it landed here?? :upside_down_face:

It is a Tor system I believe. Try picking movies near the top of the list or have friends join to watch with you.

Torrents require other people watching in order to download, if im not mistaken