Subtitle option is empty

New bug in 0.4.3, or am I missing something?
All the subtitles are missing.

Solution?

1 Like

https://ci.popcorntime.sh/job/Popcorn-Time-Desktop/407/

OpenSubtitles now (Apr 4, 2020) requires to be logged in for everyone/all apps that use their API -> https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtopic.php?t=17110

2 Likes

Thanks, i Appreciate the help & hope the next version would work automatically with subtitles like the previous one.

HI, I’m having the same issue… i updated the app and the subtitles didn’t work so i went to definitions and saw the opensubtitles account definitions i entered my login data but still can’t have subtitles… can it be a matter of time? thank you…

1 Like

It should work after logging in with your opensub account

1 Like

I have the same problem. Just updated to 0.4.3 and no subs available at all. Got my opensubtitles account linked and still no subs. 2h ago I was watching a movie with the desired subs. System is macOS. Can somebody help???

1 Like

Hello. I’m from Brazil and I’m also having difficulties. I made an account at opensubtitles and logged in to Popcorn settings, but still the subtitles do not appear. Do I need to download anything from opensubtitles? Sorry my English, I’m using the translator.

1 Like

Having the same problem with subtitles (i am using windows version), they simply not available, while the previous version was working very good. Do you guys think you can solve the issue soon? Thanks for your job anyway, Popcorn time is great

2 Likes

Sorry I forgot to mention another issue I am facing with the new 0.4.3 version. Once I start the application I can’t switch it off. I have to restart the laptop to do that. Do you know what the reason might be? Thanks

Debug the error by opening the console ( F12 for WINDOWS )
Then see

Hi people,
I added my OpenSubtitles’s username and password in PopCorn-time. However the program can not connec to OpenSubittle account. It is trying the connection for 5 minutes. I repeated the process three times. Please, do you have any suggestion?

1 Like

i’m with this problem too, if you solved it , please tell to me , thank you ! i’m very desapointed to updated this app =/

Already did it, still no legend.

1 Like

[ERROR] subtitleProvider.fetch() Error: 401 Unauthorized
at C:\Users\Breno\AppData\Local\Popcorn-Time\node_modules\opensubtitles-api\index.js:58:19
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
win.error @ app.js:36

1 Like

its still NOT WORKING

hi there,
…it should but still doesn’t… =) and that’s not all… my favourites are there but without image, and when you click a favourite it open without image or buttons to watch, trailer, seed info, etc…
Thank you for your support and work… you’re the best…

PS - i forgot to mention my system is MacOs and updated for popcorn time 4.3 although it seems to be happening on windows too…

no… the issue continues… i believe they will solve shortly and i’m guessing the trouble is with opensubtitles too and their new policies… in my account definitions the subtitles are already logged in on opensubtitles but the actual subtitles doesn’t work…

Same error, just after update to 4.3 version, subs go down, even logging into account of OpenSubtitles.

1 Like

Hello,
Same error. Also, I can’t see where I can log to opensubtitles in the Android app.

(Still, thank you for your amazing work - can’t the number of great hours watching thanks to you guys)