Popcorn time down May 2020

I have been using popcorn time for 3 years. It has recently stopped working. When I click on it all I get is a spinning circle. I have deleted and redownload it. I’m using windows 10. I use version 3.1.0. I had previously updated to the 4.4 but it did not work properly, so I went back to the 3.1.0 version. Please help, is anyone else experiencing this??

Are you still having trouble with displaying content?

I am on the latest version 4.4 and here everything is working fine, i need to sort by trending for content to load but after that i can sort by the other options without problems. Not sure if this will help you on the 3.10 version though.

Also a complete uninstall to remove any left over files/folders is also a good idea when installing a fresh build.

You can try to fetch the lates dev build from here and see if it works.
https://ci.popcorntime.app/job/Popcorn-Time-Desktop/

2 Likes

0.3.10 will not work without the new API domain being “manually” patched in?

2 Likes

I updated to the 4.4 version and it is working fine. Originally the 4.4 version wouldn’t load.
All good now
Thanks!

1 Like

do you have version for mac? mine’s too, not working lately…

You should try the latest Ci (Dev) build: https://ci.popcorntime.app/view/All/job/Popcorn-Time-Desktop/423/ … it has some improvements?

Delete these three Popcorn-Time (support) folders and the popcorn-time file from your “user” Library, first!
(clean installs are best!)

~/Library/Application Support/Popcorn-Time
~/Library/Cache/Popcorn-Time
~/Library/Saved Application State/com.nw-builder.popcorn-time.savedState
~/Library/Preferences/com.nw-builder.popcorn-time.plist

(if you’ve done it correctly you should see “The Terms of Service” window when you eventually reboot?).

If your still not happy, post back and I’ll PM you a working copy of 0.3.10 … give the Dev build a fair go first?

Hi!

I have the same issue and the yours instructions it didnt work for me.

Can you help me, please?

In what way … what is your issue, when did it start, what have you done to fix it?

I assume you’re a Mac user?

i’m windows user trying to use popcorn 0.4.4
when I start popcorn its windows doesn’t appear

I think some process is in looping, mouse cursor (hourglass) looks like is starting something.

with popcorn 3.10 When I click on it all I get is a spinning circle.

Did you try the Ci (Dev) build #423 linked above?

You need to delete the Popcorn-Time configuration folder from %LOCALAPPDATA%/Popcorn-Time, first?
if you’ve done it correctly you should see “The Terms of Service” window when you eventually reboot?.

The 0.3.10 version doesn’t’ work unless you manually patch the API domain in setting.js … you did this?

It might end up that PT.app is being blocked by your ISP or something in your set-up (like antivirus or VPN)?

Did you try the Ci (Dev) build #423 linked above?
yes

You need to delete the Popcorn-Time configuration folder from %LOCALAPPDATA%/Popcorn-Time, first?
yes

The 0.3.10 version doesn’t’ work unless you manually patch the API domain in setting.js … you did this?
No. I down’t know how to do.

It might end up that PT.app is being blocked by your ISP or something in your set-up (like antivirus or VPN)?
i’ll try in another machine to check it.

I just checked… in my linux machine is working like a charming.

ps: my windows machine is an atom (processor)

That doesn’t mean much too a Mac user? :smile:

If you know how to open the PopcornTime config folder - the 0.3.10 update is pretty simple. My PC friend tells me it’s as simple as dropping/pasting a folder/file and “accepting” update all files when asked?

ok… I can do it.
Please, tell me where I can get these files and folders.

Give me 5 minutes and I’ll PM you the link?